Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Vessel Log: 2009 08 05


: this one is for the bird; popped against the school’s window; a ball of fluttering black and white feathers; vice-principle brings water to shock it back to flight; a drop on the fragile skull; its mouth open, panting, blinking eyelids; a curled and retracted twiggy leg; kowaiiso; we kill the flies and save the birds; read about Antony, eating lunch (salad, onigiri); Tonda, N.-sensei announces; the bird flies toward the windows; resting on a sill, staring inside, its mouth gaped open, its wings beating;

"As I was raised Catholic, I was raised with a very rigid sense of what had spiritual content, of what was valuable. Human beings had soul. The Earth didn't. This place was a holding cell for people to figure out their spirit value," says Antony. "There was this whole idea that we had separated from nature. I think that's all fallen down for me. As I've gotten older, I've returned more and more to my environment." – Antony Hegarty, August 4, 2009, article by Grayson Currin;

the stop motion animation of small and mid-sized shovel trucks; kinjiki, forbidden colors; the man with a farmers’ tan at the eyebrows; apples, Out, a nap under curtained window; meet B., the new neighbor; I worry about R.'s cat being seen; we walk to soba; the owner gives me box of canned coffee drinks as a thank you.

No comments: